Edinburgh and Stirling

Friday Kat (sister) and I went into town for a great brunch at the Caffeine drip, french toast to die for and great shakes. Then a good walk to help with that “full” feeling. There are some lovely buildings in the city and it is really nice to see how well they have been preserved.DSC00682 DSC00679

It was also nice to see all of these rock formations that one of the local artists has built in the river, Kat says that they fall over now and then and he comes and does them all again.


Back to the apartment to start getting ready for the ball. The car was coming to get us at 5.30 so we need to prepare. I think we did pretty well


The journey was about an hour picking up a few friends along the way. Just outside Stirling we passed these amazing statues, right beside the motorway. They are impressive enough just in daylight but at night they are lit up and are a wonderful sight. They are called Kelpies (water horses)


There was a beautiful sunset when we arrived at the castle, which is set on a cliff edge high above its surroundings.



All ready and waiting for the shuttles to take us up into the castle courtyard, once there we were greeted with a nice glass of champagne and a harpist playing in the background, these people know how to have fun

DSC00627 DSC00626

Ooh did i mention it was a masked ball!

This was a charity ball in aid of Cancer care Scotland, there was a raffle for a unique Theo Fennel brooch and a silent auction for all sorts of interesting things. They were able to raise over 140K GBP which was a great achievement. Great dinner with copious amounts of champagne and plenty of dancing.


Just after midnight we were treated to a full highland marching band complete with Scottish dancers outside in the quadrant.


Will try and post the video later. We arrived back in Edinburgh just after 2am, We were staying in a flat around the corner as while we were out Caitlin and 3 of her friends from school had arrived for the weekend, Only problem was Kat had picked up the wrong keys, so we walked back got the right keys, without waking anyone up, and returned to our temporary home.

Next day off to see the girls then back to Caffeine drip for the usual 🙂 Apart from a trip to yarn store and over to Glasgow Saturday night to collect the girls from a concert the rest of the weekend was nice and restful.